Friday, April 2, 2010

Laughter and Belly Flops

Wow! Today I worked hard and laughed a lot. Laughter has such value! I find that I laugh hardest when I am laughing at myself. Like when I make a faux pas I typically laugh very loudly and people will turn to gaze in frowned wonder, which in turn makes me laugh even harder. When others laugh at me I am just naive enough to believe they are laughing with me as I laugh at myself. Gotta love it. Life is good.

At this moment I am staring up at the artwork above my desk. It has lemons and lemonade in the drawing with the words below it: "It'll cost nothing to dream and everything not to". It kind of sums up my attitude...I love to jump in with both feet and find out later if I am truly in over my head! For I know I can swim. Why not just jump?! If I do a belly flop, then I figure out where I went wrong last time on the way down and tell myself how to correct course. Next time I'll point my toes and plug my nose!

As for the challenge, I have lost two more pounds. (does it matter than I had gained them back last week and re-lost them? Is re-lost a word?) I am exercising and sleeping on a routine. Eureka!

2 comments:

  1. Its a good thing you think people are laughing with you. A really good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh with me or at me....I am still laughing! :)

    ReplyDelete