Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moonwalk

I woke up today with renewed energy and ran down to Starbucks (well - walk/ran) to get a doppio and ran back before showering and heading to church. Whenever I run on the street I wonder what in the world is jiggling that I can't see. I don't want to be one of those women you see in the grocery store who have no true friend to tell them, "Oh Child, did you know that your bum looks like the face of the moon in those pants?!" Maybe I need to ask my BFF to drive behind me as I run just to make sure it is not an obscene sight! I can count on her. She would tell me Lawdy, Lawdy, Miss Claudy change your outfit!

It is only three weeks to my first 5K run (benefiting the Salvation Army Women's Shelter at Lodi Lake) and I am not ready. I will have to be diligent this week. I am meeting my friend (not Jack) at 6am to run in the morning. I know it is important especially on Mondays for me to workout before hitting the store since I really need to be present for those who need to talk with me.

Sundays are my free days to eat whatever I want. Today it was popcorn and white wine and cheescake. Yes, cheesecake. I even bought a bottle of Dom to share with Dean on his upcoming 21st birthday! I absolutely think it is the best champagne in the world and haven't bought it in years. Every month I walk by it in Costco and think how fun it would be to just drop it in the cart. Today I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment