Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sad.

I am in Seattle at my parents home and in an hour we will have to leave for the memorial service. My friend of 41 years has lost her husband to pancreatic cancer. I awoke in the night and thought how hard it must be to have to prepare her two boys and herself for today. I prayed that somehow God would comfort her and see her through this. I don't especially like to cry in public but I know that there is no way out of this one. I just want to make it inside and sit down before I start to cry.

Under stress I can tend to turn to food so I have been very aware of that fact on this trip. I picked up a magazine in the airport with a couple really good articles in it on how to retrain your brain regarding food. I want to pick up the book and read more called, When Food Is Love by Geneen Roth. Maybe a needed, albeit vulnerable, book club book!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad about your friend. I have heard about that book, would be a great book club read.

    ReplyDelete